TitleDouglas-Rownson Ltd
Reference numberPAS/BP/9
Date1901-1978
Admin/Biograhical HistoryThe firm William Douglas & Sons (Engineering) Ltd was founded in 1888, and specialised in refrigerating plant and liquid handling equipment. They were acquired by Baker Perkins in 1959.
In 1909 Rownson Conveyors was founded, specialising in bulk sugar handling equipment and other types of mechanical handling. Baker Perkins acquired them in 1960, and in 1966 both companies amalgamated to form Douglas-Rownson Limited at Basingstoke.
Extent2 boxes
Access ConditionsViewing by appointment only.

To make an appointment please contact the Archives Service Team at:
Peterborough Archives Service, Central Library, Broadway, Peterborough, PE1 1RX
Tel: +44 (0)1733 864160
Email: archives.services@vivacity-peterborough.com
LevelSubCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018